Yes, it’s that time of year that I love so much . . . FALL!!
Things are a little quieter around Branson during this time of year, which makes it one of the best times to visit. Most of the family attractions are still open with full schedules on the weekends, so there is plenty for your family to do!
Here are some of my favorite “can’t miss” things to do in Branson this fall. Consider this a suggested itinerary for your fall visit:
1) GO-KARTING! Yes, I know this is not a surprise. But, it is a great time of year to enjoy The Track’s wide variety of go-kart tracks. Remember that Track 4 (with Heavy Metal High Rise) is closed until next spring due to construction on a new building at that location. But, Tracks 3 and 5 are open every weekend in October, and Track 3 is open during the week! Look at all these go-karting options for the entire family. . . Classic tracks, Kiddie and Rookie tracks, Wild Woody, the Road Course track, the Sprint track, and the LumberJack! Whew – those will keep you busy!
2) FALL FOOD AND DRINK! Yep, I’m definitely a “foodie.” Once you taste these two fall treats, though, you’ll understand my passion:
Yes, that is the Pumpkin Pie Concrete from Andy’s Frozen Custard. You are looking at pure goodness. Right there blended up in that yummy custard is an ENTIRE piece of pumpkin pie. I’m not joking. It’s worth skipping dinner and heading straight for dessert!
Yes, that’s the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. There are 3 Starbucks locations in Branson – one by the Branson Landing, one inside the Target off of Branson Hills Expressway, and one inside Country Mart on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway – so you are never far from this tasty bev!
3) FALL COLORS! So, I didn’t grow up in a part of the country that had any semblance of “fall color.” But, I sure do now!! In fact, the fall color along Lake Taneycomo has been recognized by CNN Travel as some of the most beautiful in the country!
For a special treat, book a Main Street Lake Cruise while you’re here and enjoy a boat cruise up and down the beautiful Lake Taneycomo. Or, if you prefer to stay on shore, consider one of these Fall Foliage Driving Tours . . . beauty awaits you!
4) SILVER DOLLAR CITY’S NATIONAL HARVEST FESTIVAL! Really, what’s not to love about Silver Dollar City in the fall? The weather is gorgeous, the food is delicious, the rides are fun. And, as if that weren’t enough, it’s the time for “The Salute to the American Cowboy.” This means a Western Stunt Show, tons of amazing visiting craftsmen from all over the country, including the Best of Missouri Hands Craftsmen, and plenty of other “western” fun! You don’t want to miss it!
5) SPECIAL EVENTS!! No matter which weekend in October that you are visiting our fine town, you will find something unique to do. For example:
Well, those should keep you busy! I hope you and yours will find time to come on down to Branson sometime in October to take advantage of all that is fall in the Ozarks! Enjoy!