Yes, it’s that time of year that I love so much . . . FALL!!
Things are a little quieter around Branson during this time of year, which makes it one of the best times to visit. Most of the family attractions are still open with full schedules on the weekends, so there is plenty for your family to do!
Here are some of my favorite “can’t miss” things to do in Branson this fall. Consider this a suggested itinerary for your fall visit:
1) GO-KARTING! Yes, I know this is not a surprise. But, it is a great time of year to enjoy The Track’s wide variety of go-kart tracks. Be sure to check out the operating schedule to see which tracks are open on the days you plan to visit. And, check out this great special . . . the Track-or-Treat Card, which gets you two rides or rounds on any attraction (excluding Skycoaster and arcade games) for $12 . . . that’s $7 off the retail price! This 2-ride card includes wooden high-rise and classic go-kart tracks, bumper boats / cars, laser tag, or mini golf.
2) FALL FOOD AND DRINK! Yep, I’m definitely a “foodie.” Once you taste these two fall treats, though, you’ll understand my passion:
Yes, that is the Pumpkin Pie Concrete from Andy’s Frozen Custard. You are looking at pure goodness. Right there blended up in that yummy custard is an ENTIRE piece of pumpkin pie. I’m not joking. It’s worth skipping dinner and heading straight for dessert!
Yes, that’s the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. There are 3 Starbucks locations in Branson – one by the Branson Landing, one inside the Target off of Branson Hills Expressway, and one inside Country Mart on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway – so you are never far from this tasty bev!
3) FALL COLORS! So, I didn’t grow up in a part of the country that had any semblance of “fall color.” But, I sure do now!! In fact, the fall color along Lake Taneycomo has been recognized by CNN Travel as some of the most beautiful in the country!
For a special treat, book a Main Street Lake Cruise while you’re here and enjoy a boat cruise up and down the beautiful Lake Taneycomo. Or, if you prefer to stay on shore, consider one of these Fall Foliage Driving Tours . . . beauty awaits you!
4) SILVER DOLLAR CITY! Really, what’s not to love about Silver Dollar City in the fall? The weather is gorgeous, the food is delicious, the rides are fun. And, as if that weren’t enough, they start celebrating Christmas on November 1! If you have never visited Silver Dollar City’s “An Old Time Christmas” festival, you are missing an amazing experience!
5) SHOPPING! – The fall is the perfect time to shop (yes, we could really say this about any season, but let’s run with this!). Planners are already thinking about their holiday shopping and probably have shopping on their Branson visit’s itinerary – Tanger Outlet Mall, Branson Landing, Grand Village Shops. Shoppers of the “more-last-minute” variety, listen up! While you are in town, get a jump on your holiday shopping . . . you’ll be glad you did!
I hope you and yours will find time to come on down, up, or over to Branson to take advantage of all that is fall in the Ozarks! Enjoy!