Gone are the days when I felt it necessary to inform you of all the ways to stay cool during your time at The Track. Oh, yes. We are now officially into the full swing of fall . . . weather and all (wow, that rhymes!).
Though each season has its perks, I must say that Fall is pretty much on the top of my list. In fact, I’m feeling inspired to give you my “Top Ten Reasons Fall in Branson Rocks.” So, without further ado, let this inspire you to get out and enjoy our little town this Fall:
1) Near-Perfect Weather! You know exactly what I mean . . . light sweater needed in the morning, short-sleeves perfect by noon. And, might I mention that this is perfect GO-KARTING WEATHER! Multiple Track locations are open every weekend in October, and Track 3 is open during the week. Click here for the operating schedule.
2) Beautiful Fall Color! We are yet to see just how vibrant the fall leaves will turn out to be, but it’s always fun to anticipate. My favorite spot for seeing absolutely AMAZING color is at the Ozarks Memorial Park (yes, it’s a cemetery) on East Highway 76. My everyday life does not take me over to that side of town very often, but you can be sure that I take a drive over there each fall! Of course, even driving down Highway 65, you can get amazing views of the vast hillsides of trees starting to try on their fall color. It will be a few weeks until the leaves are at their peak, and I can’t wait! Check this out this link for Fall Foliage Driving Tours of the Ozarks.
3) Andy’s Frozen Custard Pumpkin Pie Concrete! Seriously, did you think I could get very far down a “Top Ten” list without mentioning Andy’s? This concrete is one not to miss. They take an entire piece of REAL pumpkin pie and mix it into vanilla custard. Oh. My. Goodness. You just have to try it.
4) Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (while we’re on the food theme)! Did you know that our little ole’ town has THREE Starbucks locations – near the Branson Landing, in the Target off of Branson Hills Expressway, and the newest location in the Country Mart on Highway 248/Shepherd of the Hills Expressway. This mean you are never too far away!
5) Silver Dollar City’s National Harvest Festival! This festival includes everything you love about SDC plus hundreds of visiting American craftsmen! Wow – every time we visit, I am impressed by the variety and creativity of these artists! This is a GREAT place to get a jump-start on your Christmas shopping. And, did you know that you can shop away without worrying about lugging your purchases around the park all day? That’s right. Silver Dollar City will hold onto your packages until you are ready to leave the park. Now, that’s service! Also, don’t forget about the new-this-year Half Dollar Holler for your kids ages 3-7. You don’t want to miss this!
6) The Presleys’ Country Jubilee Show! Ok, I admit that this really has nothing to do with Fall. But, this is still a really great show! And, did you know that if you have a Track Go-Card, you will save $5 off of the Family Pass? So, if you’ve never seen this show (or even if you have!), take some time this fall to go. It’s sure to be a good time!
7) McKenna Family Farm! So, you probably wouldn’t find this unless you got a tip from a local . . . so consider this your lucky day! This is a great little farm complete with a pumpkin patch, hayrides, corn maze and fun activities for kids of all ages. They also have fire pits where you can have a cookout / picnic . . . pretty much everything you need for an awesome family outing! Enjoy!
8) Branson Attractions with a Fall Twist! Seriously, I love how many of the attractions in Branson tailor their experiences to reflect the season. Case in point, Ride the Ducks. For the month of October, your family can experience “Ducks Go Boo,” which is a nighttime duck adventure with a few thrills and chills! Try it if you dare!
9) Titanic Museum Attraction’s Special Fall Events! – The Titanic always has something fun going on for families, and this October is no different. First, this coming weekend (October 7th-9th), bring your family out to the 4th Annual Chainsaw Sculpting Event. As you may have guessed, there will be professional woodcarvers from all over the country making amazing things out of blocks of wood and their trusty chainsaws – very impressive! And, this event is FREE! Then, come on back the next Saturday (October 15th) for the 2nd Annual Titanic Firehouse & Charity Chili Cookoff. So, there are a couple of things I love about this event. The first is a no-brainer . . . lots of great chili! The second, however, is something you might not even realize about our community . . . Branson has some of the greatest firefighters and service-focused charities you could ever imagine, and this event highlights those wonderful service providers. In fact, those groups are the ones competing for the coveted “Best Chili” prize! Don’t miss it!
10) New Events at Branson Creek! If you haven’t ever driven over to Branson Creek, which is located just south of Hollister off of Highway 65 and on the way to the Branson Airport, you need to go take a look! The scenery is absolutely beautiful AND they are always coming up with unique events to offer the community. Their next upcoming event is no exception . . . Balloons over Branson Creek on October 21st and 22nd. What?!, you may ask. No, we’re not talking bunches of latex balloons filling the sky; we’re talking masses of hot air balloons soaring over the Ozark Mountains! Of course, there will be plenty of other entertainment throughout the day that your entire family is sure to enjoy. Are you wondering how I can be so confident that this will be a spectacular festival? Well, the town I grew up in had a huge Balloon Fest every year that impressed just about everyone who came through. I’m pretty sure this will be the same!
So, there you have it. You’re ready to have some BIG Fall Fun in Branson! Enjoy!